Recovery...

Hi all,
Well I am a month and a bit post op now and so far it is going really well. 
My scar is healing very nicely, it is amazingly straight and neat. I'm very happy with it and love showing it off because I'm proud to have it. 
I am going out a lot more and walking a lot more. I'm gradually feeling more like myself which is making me so happy! Today I had the doctors to check my scar as I have a tiny patch of dressing still left on at the bottom, I get it checked out once/twice a week and today I managed to walk there by myself and back. Just by doing this tiny thing that you'd do in everyday life is something very important and amazing to me. Knowing that I am fit and well enough to be able to walk there by myself and feel good and not ache or hurt is great! Makes me feel very positive about how I am and how well I'm recovering. 
Everything so far feels like it is getting easier each day, I can get in and out of bed easier, I can sit on the sofa and get comfortable easier, I can be my weird crazy self with my friends, family and boyfriend. It's great! All of this sounds so simple to others but honestly it has been hard, I've had ups and downs and struggles to overcome but seeing myself do all this stuff makes me so happy about how I'm doing and makes me feel like in no time I'll be like my old self. 
Next week my cousin is coming down for a week so I will be having a busy week, I can't wait. We will be going out to different places to show her as she hasn't been down before. It is going to be great! 
I'll try and update you all next week on what we get up to! 
I hope you are all well :)
Speak soon,
Katie x

Comments