My pre-op assessment

Hi,
I'm sorry that I didn't post this on the day of my pre-op assessment which was on the 7th June (Wednesday just gone) but I thought that I would let you all know how it went and what exactly went on. 

When I got to the hospital I had my height, weight and blood pressure done, my blood pressure was pretty high but I think that was because they had said I needed to have a blood test done and I'm rubbish with needles so that wasn't great. But I had all that done, I ask for the numbing cream to stop the blood test from hurting because I'm a big kid. 
So anyway, after that was done I went in and saw my anaesthetist who went through and told me exactly what to expect when I come into the hospital and what will happen, at this point I was having loads and loads of information thrown at me but I managed to understand it all thank goodness. I found out my official operation date is the 4th July and I'm more excited for it all to be over than I am nervous, but we will wait till it gets closer for the nerves to kick in. Once I had found out all of the information I needed to know about my operation, I then had to go and have some x-rays and bending films done. Bending films were very uncomfortable. It made me ache quite a lot which is no fun at all but hey it had to be done! 
I finally went back to the waiting area where I first arrived after what felt like forever having my x-rays done. I then had to have the dreaded blood test done, but I was surprised as it didn't hurt at all, that numbing cream is a god send I swear! Once that was over I then had to just see one final lady who was going to talk to me about my stay at the hospital and my recovery and what they expect me to do. I will hopefully be up and walking pretty quickly (I hope anyway). The lady then took me to the ward I'll be on which was lovely to see exactly where I'll be, it was great! They also give a room for my parents to stay so they won't have to leave me while I stay in hospital. 

Overall, I'm glad the pre-op is now out of the way as it has made me feel so much more relaxed and calm about the whole thing happening and I'm just glad that it's all going to be sorted soon! 
Hope you are all well. 
Katie x

Comments