Recovery so far...

Wow I haven't posted in ages... Sorry for that!
But anyway, hi everyone!
Recovery so far is going pretty well. I'm just over 3 weeks post op now and I feel like I've managed to do so much, I'm so pleased with it. I've been going out and doing stuff as I get quite bored being at home by myself all day everyday so my grandad takes me out for little days out. It's been lovely! 
I have realised that I can't exactly get my head around that I've had a major surgery and then get frustrated with myself when I can't do everything I used to be able to do. I really push myself which is good, but also isn't at the same time as I need to rest so I can give my body time to recover, but I'm rubbish at trying to do this! I get very low and I say I start to regret stuff and get frustrated and upset with myself. This is happening mostly in the evenings when I'm doing nothing and just left with my own mind. It is hard, I'm not going to lie at all. It's rubbish, it's long and tiring and I hate this. I'm the type of person that needs to be doing things and now with not being able to do much or leave the house without anyone it's hard for me. I am struggling but I really try and just picture myself in a couple of months where I'm perfectly fine. But I do feel as each day goes I do get better. 
My boyfriend gave me the idea of writing in a notepad about things I have done in the day so I can see my progress, so when I do get sad I can look at it and encourage myself to carry on and show me that I am actually doing very well! 
I am going to the doctors at least twice a week at the moment as I still have a little bit of dressing on my scar as at the very bottom it's not drying up as much as the rest of it has so they are keeping an eye on it as they don't want to take the dressing off and then for me to get an infection when I've come this far without any trouble. It's not a problem going to the doctors anyway, it's only up the road from me and I'm only there for about 10 minutes each time getting it checked and changed so can't really complain. The part of my scar that isn't covered by any dressing looks amazing!! It's so straight and it's already just a light red line. It is honestly amazing what they have done. I am very happy with it and extremely proud to show it off! Just can't wait to get the rest of the dressing taken off so I can get back to normal. 
I will keep you all updated still with how the rest of my recovery goes and what I get up to. 
I hope you are all well. 
Speak soon, 
Katie x

Comments